Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Getting it down in writing always helps

Even if it isn't listed on my "goals" sheet or personal objectives, just knowing it's out there for all the "world" to see makes it a little bit more real. Granted, the "world" in this case might be the three people who actually read this from time to time...but I know you'll ask me about this and it will be a little bit more motivation to follow through.

I'd like to run a marathon by the time I'm 30 years old. Sure, there are many circumstances that could prevent me from achieving this goal such as pregnancy, unexpected amputation, and so forth. Regardless, to the best of my abilities, I would like to have run a marathon. Maybe climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro is next, maybe rafting in Patagonia...but a marathon seems difficult enough to reach for but still doable.

Okay, I've gotten that out of the way. I'd also like to run a 1/2 marathon this year. It looks like the Denver Marathon and 1/2 Marathon will be happening this October on the 18th. I'm thinking this is a good goal to reach for, thanks to Melissa Mendoza (Laura's sister) who told me about it. On the off chance that somebody is reading this, would any of you be interested in training in your respective locations to run this with me? I think it would be fun.

Alrighty, I've "put it out there." Now I've gotta do it. I'll start with getting my homework done for today! :) Until next time....

No comments: