Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The silence around me

This morning I woke up on the cranky side of my bed. I was tempted to go back to bed and get up on the other side, but that just seemed a bit silly to me. Have you ever had those days where you just revel in being ornery? While putting on my make-up, I actually had fun frowning and knitting my eyebrows together. My husband looked like he was convinced I had lost my mind. On days like these, I wonder if his fears are justified!

After Chad left for work, I was suddenly very sad. Ah the emotional swings of being a woman sometimes astound me. At one point, I wanted to go have a snack. The next moment, I felt the need to go work out. Then I thought it would be good to get some actual real work done. But then I realized I had not had my Jesus time for the day yet. So I busted out the laptop.

Here I sit on my old couch with my red corduroy-covered down comforter tucked all around me. I stare blankly at the screen and scroogle "I need to hear from Jesus." It's all I can think of right now. I need to hear from God but I feel like my grouchiness is getting in the way, and what does God want to do with a cranky woman? A short article by Joe Vigliano pops up. Since I think he wrote something that is somewhat helpful, I'm including a link to the page for your reading pleasure.

What is your solution for disagreeable days? Whenever I have them (like today), they somehow take me by surprise and I seem to forget what I can do to combat it. We'll see though. Maybe the sun will shine brighter by the end of today.

Article: Do You Need To Hear From God?

No comments: